PATIENT RESOURCES / DR’s Blog
How to Get a Great Mommy Makeover and Look Like a Celebrity
How do celebrities look so great post-pregnancy and what surgeries are they getting to look this way?
I was answering questions in Realself recently, when I came across this question and I thought I would share my response. Some celebrities look amazing after pregnancy… as though they never had a baby at all. Several things contribute to this:
One, they won the genetic lottery, which is why they are celebrities in the first place. Second, they have lots of money and time (this means they have personal chefs that cook delicious and nutritious food and personal trainers for every workout to get them fit… wouldn’t that be great if we could afford that)!
However, there is no “secret” to plastic surgery that only celebrities are getting, other than they can afford to go to very reputable surgeons. That is a good thing for you, and others who are looking for celebrity plastic surgery results. As long as you find a great surgeon, you should expect a great outcome.
There are a few important points to consider with a Mommy Makeover, that you have to make sure of before proceeding with this surgery:
- Make sure that you are close to your ideal and stable body weight… a weight that you can maintain for years to come.
- Choose your surgeon wisely. Look at reviews, speak to friends or your GP. Meet more than one and make sure they will provide you excellent care. That means beautiful results but also great care if you have any questions or concerns (before AND AFTER surgery).
- Make sure they can deliver a celebrity plastic surgery result. For a tummy tuck that means placing the scar so low that even a skimpy bikini or underwear will cover it. It also means creating a new belly button that looks natural. This is by far the most poorly done part of a tummy tuck by many surgeons. Unfortunately, it is the part that will prevent you from wearing a bikini without people recognizing that you had surgery. MAKE SURE YOU LIKE YOUR SURGEON’S BELLY BUTTON! I cannot stress this enough.
- For breasts, they should look youthful and sexy… not fake. This means taking the time to pick the perfect implant. It requires work on your part and time with your surgeon. You cannot pick an implant in a rush. Your surgeon should take time to help you choose what is best for you. It means trialling different implants during surgery to get the perfect breast. This takes time. Celebrities pay their surgeons a lot. They expect perfection and not to have their surgery rushed. Make sure that your surgeon will take the time to get you the ideal result, not just a good enough one.
- Finally, some people have more challenging breasts to make look beautiful than others. For these patients, choosing any old surgeon may or may not give you a great result. Go to someone that does a lot of breast surgery. Ideally someone that does both cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. There is no question that the skills I use to make beautiful breast reconstructions allow me to provide more pleasing cosmetic breast results. Such things as a combination of an implant and fat grafting is an example. Many surgeons do not have this experience… only those that do both cosmetic and reconstructive breast surgery. AGAIN, CHOOSE YOUR SURGEON WISELY.
If you are interested in discussing a Mommy Makeover please contact Dr. Rodger Shortt to arrange an appointment at 905-849-4282 or info(at)drshortt.com.
Dr Rodger Shortt is a plastic surgeon servicing Toronto, Oakville, Mississauga, Burlington, Milton, Hamilton and Georgetown. He strives to provide his patients the best care and excellent plastic surgery results. He is one of only a few plastic surgeons in Canada with a top rating on RateMD, RealSelf and Ontario Doctor Review. Dr Rodger Shortt is a specialist plastic surgeon trained in cosmetic surgery and reconstructive surgery. He specializes in breast surgery, breast augmentation, breast fat transfer, mommy makeover, tummy tuck, body contouring, breast reconstruction and cosmetic surgery of the face. He is the Director of Cosmetic Surgery Training at McMaster University and an Assistant Clinical Professor. If you are interested in a consultation with Dr Shortt please contact as at 905-849-4282 or visit www.drshortt.com
The above statements are from third party sites.
Dr. Shortt does not control any third party websites and is therefore not responsible for the content of third party sites.
They are provided as a source for your review and discretion.